We are forced to live in a system that steals from us daily, Kill snitch culture.
Important things to keep in mind!
- never take from ‘mom and pop’ type store. Its likely you’ll actually harm them, whereas taking from a walmart wont effect much.
- never take items that a worker is assigned to monitor (usually super expensive items), theyll be in trouble for it. and its usually a minimum wage worker and usually they lose hours or pay, or they even get fired.
- similar to the above, never take things that are usually locked up for the above reason
- if its a store you know gives their near-expiration products to workers/charity, try to avoid taking the near expiration products.
- if youre taking clothing, avoid leaving hangers. it sounds weird, but itll make it seem like it was more likely an error in the computer than a theft, since the empty hanger sitting there will seem suspicious.
- also for clothing, try not to take more than one item at once, as it will look suspicious if theres 10 medium shirts missing, and it won’t be written off as just a stocking error. and it will lead to workers being penalized
- basically just always consider ‘will this harm a worker’ and if the answer is yes then dont do it
like i was homeless for a while when i was younger and i tried to follow those guidelines to avoid doing harm to people who were probably not much better off than me while trying to get food for myself.
Holy crap, is there like an unspoken thieves code or something?!
it’s a thing. I won’t even lie. I watched someone slip a nursing exam book in their bag at the store I worked at. She made eye contact with me and the blood drained from her face. I simply gave her a sympathetic nod and walked away.
I live in a small town and I knew she was a waitress at a hotel my sister works at, and people at that hotel don’t tip well during off season. Nursing exam books are 50+ bucks. Being a med student myself, I didn’t even breathe a word, and when inventory came up later and the book was missing, I suggested it was likely a mislabel, and the manager wrote it off.
Sometimes, thievery is a necessity. Don’t send people to jail over petty things.
theft for many is survival in this system and taking away from multi-billion dollar companies that are a part of the oppressive capitalist system
the level at which rihanna doesnt give a fuck is so inspiring
Fandom Labels (inspired by this post)
I LOST IT AT THE “SHERLOCK”
I find it funny (and sad) that Sherlock is remembered for his fall. Like, there’s this BRILLIANT man that can solve a murder just by glancing at a dead body, and look at people and tell EXACTLY what’s going on in their life, but here everyone’s all “lul he fell”
ok friend how about you show me a short scene from spn that would fit in a gif and clearly parallel sherlock’s deductive reasoning and ALSO be funny. bc that’s what this post is trying to be, funny.
Every Character I Love: Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
“Who says that my dreams have to stay just my dreams?”
What made you think that finding the biggest black guy was a good idea.
OUAT MEME #3 | five otps → Belle x Rumplestiltskin (1/5)"I am now and for all the future yours."
me as hell